Sunday 7 July 2013

ReKindling

I got a Kindle! I previously used a Sony Reader, which did a fantastic job, but sadly has been on its last legs in terms of draining battery and increasing latency in reading/page turning, which sadly made it very difficult to use to read regularly.

My Amazon-inclined friends have all been pointing me towards the Kindle Paperwhite (with curious chants of 'one of us! one of us!'). Amazon has been instrumental in the proliferation of ereaders and digital reading for the masses, and I've rarely heard a bad word spoed about them - at least from those who don't dislike using ereaders at all.

First impressions - it's great. Amazon know how to nail it in terms of user experience - it shows up in a stylish, minimalist (shades of Apple) black box, meaning that it's open and activated in your hands in seconds. Awesome.



It's really cool - enjoyable to hold and read on, buy books (*cough* sales funnel *cough*), and has some great ancillary features. I'm sure I'll share more on it as I continue to use it, but very impressed so far.

Guess what I'm reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment